Between Now and Wednesday
- Let your period 5 teachers know you’ll be missing class on Wednesday and Thursday
- Make sure your lyrics and choreography is memorized
- Have your costuming ready. Costuming policy – do the best you can with what you have or can borrow (or perhaps buy for a low cost), and don’t worry if it doesn’t completely match the requirements.
Note: Everything you need to know about costuming and choreography is on the website.
Wednesday, April 25 (Tech Rehearsal)
- No specific dress is required
- Come down to the cafeteria at the beginning of period 5. You do not need to go for attendance first.
- If you are ONLY in concert choir or are only in the vocal classes, you will be done by the end of period 5
- Chamber choir, Sr. Vocal Ensemble, and the grad class will be done by 4:00
- For those performing additional songs, please check the schedule online or on the vocal room door
Thursday, April 26 – Morning (Tech Rehearsal)
- No specific dress is required
- Come down to the cafeteria at 8:40 AM
- Everyone should be ready to return to class by 9:50 AM except Hailey C., Kayla, Jackson, Caitlin H., Alyssa, Jared
Thursday, April 26 – Afternoon (Matinee)
- No changing facilities will be available, so you will pick your favourite costume from the evening show and wear it for the entire matinee performance. Those with a period 4 lunch are expected to be in their costume by the 1:00pm warm-up time, those with a period 4 class will have a chance to change after warm-up.
- Come to room 204 at 1:00pm for warm-up
- During the performance, please keep an eye on the programs that will be posted around the cafe, and be ready for when you are performing. With the exception of full concert choir songs, all performers should enter through the stage door closest to the tech hall, and exit off the front of the stage.
- When you are not performing, you can either be inside the cafe if there is space, or in the front foyer. In either case, keeping the noise level down will be imperative.
- You will be done at the end of the school day. Go home, rest, and have a good dinner!
Thursday, April 26 – Evening (Full Performance)
- Arrive at 6:45pm. Drop off your things in the appropriate changerooms, located in the tech hallway leading out to the portables. Signs will be posted. Then come up to room 204 for warm-up, beginning at 6:55pm. You’ll have a few minutes following warm-up for final preparations before the show begins.
- Stage entry and exit procedure will be the same as in the matinee
- If you have a long stretch when you are not performing, you can quietly make your way into the cafe to watch. Otherwise, you should be in the changeroom area.
- Make sure changerooms are fully cleaned before departing after the show. A social has been booked at Moose Winooski’s for anyone who’d like to attend.
- Reminder – the parent meeting for Montreal is this Tuesday, April 24 at 7:30pm in the library. Students are encouraged to attend as well.
- Gala tickets can be purchased in advance for $10 each. Please try to buy in advance to avoid line-ups at the door!
- If you’d like to apply to be on next year’s executive council, please pick up a form located inside the doorway to room 204, and hand it in by May 11.
- If you have a place in the community where you would be able to hang one of our posters promoting the Gala, there are some available in room 204 for this purpose.
- The Hawkestone Singers are still looking for some Eastview students to perform and/or volunteer at their talent show fundraiser on Sunday, May 13 in the afternoon. More information and application forms can be found inside the doorway to room 204. The deadline to hand performance applications into me will be next Monday, April 30 (a day later than their official deadline, but they’ve assured me this is okay).
- On Monday April 30, there will be a rehearsal only for people going to Montreal. For those who are not in chamber choir, the rehearsal will end at 3:30pm. It will go to 4:00pm for chamber choir.
- Information about a year-end pizza lunch and auditions for next year will be announced in the coming weeks.