Thank you everyone for another wonderful concert this week! It’s been a particularly busy Christmas season for this choir, and it’s great to see everyone still hanging in there and at their best. Choir members – you have represented yourselves and your school incredibly well, and have brought joy to many people in our community, from the young ones who had a blast singing with you a couple weeks back, to the senior citizens you will be entertaining this Wednesday. Special mention goes out to Claire Allen, Kenzie Miller, and Olivia Murphy who represented Eastview at the Horseshoe Valley Candlelight Stroll on Friday in support of the Salvation Army.
Wednesday, December 12
If you ARE NOT going to K-Cup:
- At the start of period 4, get dressed into your uniform (see below) and meet in the vocal room. The bus leaves at 12:15, the concert starts at 2:30, and everyone will be back at the school by 4:15. If you need to be back earlier than that, please let me know and I’ll ensure you are on the earlier bus which will arrive back to the school around 3:50.
If you ARE going to K-Cup:
- Leave your music folder in your cubby in the music room, and we will transport it for you. Anything else you require for the performance (eg – choir shirt) should be left in a clearly labelled bag in the vocal room first thing in the morning and we will transport it for you.
- All choir members going to K-Cup will be on the same bus. You are to return to this bus at 1:20pm (a little earlier than the other buses) to transport you to the concert.
- The concert starts at 2:30, and everyone will be back at the school by 4:15. If you need to be back earlier than that, please let me know and I’ll ensure you are on the earlier bus which will arrive back to the school around 3:50.
- For this concert, any black pants and black shoes will do, to make life easier for those needing to do a quick change at the church after K-Cup.
- For future concerts – Please make sure pants and shoes are fully black, and that it is formal attire (you may contact me if financial assistance is needed to meet uniform requirements). Also, if you’d like to add an accessory, PLEASE ASK so we can discuss the appropriateness for the specific event and we can invite other choir members to do the same.
Coffeehouse – December 14
Celebrate your accomplishments by joining your fellow choir members at the coffeehouse this Friday, December 14! For those who’d like to perform, you may still audition on Monday. The coffeehouse begins at 7pm in the Eastview library, and admission (for non-performers) is $5 at the door.
Rehearsals on Dec 11, Jan 8, and Jan 15 will be for the Competitive Core only, as we finish preparing festival pieces.
No rehearsals during the week of December 17. Have a wonderful holiday season.