We’re in the final stretch of choir this year, culminating in our spring Gala performance on Thursday, May 2, 2019. There will be an evening performance beginning at 7:30pm, and tentatively a matinee for the school during the day.
Rehearsals will be as follows:
- Wed Mar 27 – Rehearsal Cancelled (Literacy Test Day)
- Wed Apr 3, Apr 10, Apr 17, Apr 24 – Everyone until 3:50pm, then from 3:50-4:15pm will be optional for anyone who would like to participate in the Youtube Mash-up.
- Tues Mar 26, Apr 2, Apr 9, Apr 16, Apr 23, Apr 30 – Everyone until 3:45pm, then from 3:45-4:15 will be optional for anyone who would like to participate in the Mii-Channel theme.
- Depending on how things go, we may end up cancelling some chamber choir time near the end and instead devoting it to other smaller specialized groups requiring the practice.
Dress Rehearsal – Wednesday, May 1
The dress rehearsal runs on this day from 1:30-5:30pm, however we rehearse the biggest groups first so most people will be finished much earlier than 5:30. A full schedule will come out closer to the date, but those who are just participating in concert choir and chamber choir can expect to be done at the regular time.
Auditions for Solos in Choir Songs
Anyone interested in singing a solo in Africa, Video Killed the Radio Star, the Youtube Mash-up or Over the Rainbow (last one is chamber choir only) should see me by Wednesday, April 3 at the latest to arrange an audition time.
- We are looking at doing our annual field trip to three of our feeder schools sometime in May. It will be a single day trip with all choir and orchestra members at no additional cost. Exact date TBA.
- Auditions for next year’s ensembles will take place in early June.
2019-2020 Travel Plans
The political situation with regards to education policy changes in Ontario has been intensifying more quickly and more strongly than I had anticipated. There is a high level of uncertainty surrounding when and how the unions will react and how that may affect extras next year such as school trips. As such, I will be putting a pause on any planning for travel next year until we have some more clarity. I’m hoping to do something next year, but it could likely be later in the school year with a quick planning process.