Thank you for your interest in Eastview’s Choirs. Our choral program is the largest in Simcoe County, and our choirs have been recognized as being among the highest quality in the country at national competitions. Most of our choir students, however, start out as beginners, so there will be an opportunity for you no matter what your level.
In addition to the information below, please also see the Ensembles page of this website.
- Our largest choir, consisting of approximately 80 members
- No audition required
- Rehearsal times – Wednesdays, 2:45-4:00, with optional repertoire being rehearsed from 4:00-4:30. Room 204.
- Fee – $50 (you can try it out before you pay, but the fee is due before you perform); bursary available. The fee covers sheet music, part of the uniform, festival fees, venue rentals, field trips, accompanists, and other miscellaneous costs.
- How to join – All are welcome at our September rehearsals, so come on out! More information will be given at that time.
- Other requirements – permanent members must be enrolled in a music course at Eastview. There is a trial period; new members may try the choir for a year, but must register in a music course if they’d like to continue the next year.
- Audition is required in June. If you missed the audition period but are still interested, please speak to Mr. Stewart.
- Rehearsal times – Tuesdays, 2:45-4:00.
- Members must also participate in the concert choir. There is no additional fee for chamber choir, beyond the concert choir fee.